The development of this webinar and the associated management algorithm have been supported by an educational grant from Mylan Ltd. Mylan Ltd had no influence on the choice of group members, or the content of the algorithm and supporting material. Mylan Ltd has had the opportunity to review the webinar content for technical accuracy only.
Thursday 25 October, 12.30–13.30
This 1-hour Guidelines for Nurses webinar will:
- discuss the prevalence of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency (PEI) in diabetes and its impact on patients, carers and the NHS
- highlight the need to address and treat PEI at first presentation
- provide practical guidance for nurses in the assessment and diagnosis of PEI
- review case studies covering diagnosis, treatment and subsequent referral of proven and suspected cases of PEI
- refer to the management algorithm published earlier this year [link to algorithm]
The webinar will be relevant to UK healthcare professionals.
Clinical Nurse Specialist in Diabetes
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham