The NHS long term plan has been published, setting out a plan to provide a health service that:
- enables everyone to get the best start in life
- helps communities to live well
- helps people to age well.
Developed in partnership with frontline providers, patients, and families, the plan commits to providing improved outcomes across major disease areas, including cancer, heart and respiratory disease, stroke, and dementia.
The plan consists of seven chapters, covering:
- a new service model for the 21st century
- more NHS action on prevention and health inequalities
- further progress on care quality and outcomes
- supporting NHS staff
- driving NHS digital transformation
- making the most of taxpayer investment
- immediate next steps for the plan.