UKHSA SARS-CoV-2 reinfection guideline
This guidance is intended for clinicians (primary and secondary care) who may encounter individuals suspected to have been reinfected with SARS-CoV-2. The purpose of this guidance is to inform clinicians:
- when to suspect SARS-CoV-2 reinfection
- how to initially investigate patients with suspected SARS-CoV-2 reinfection
- how to perform a risk assessment and who does this
- what further investigation is needed for SARS-CoV-2 reinfection and how to interpret testing
- what public health and surveillance actions are required.