NICE COVID-19 management
This guideline covers the management of COVID-19 for children, young people, and adults. It brings together NICE’s existing recommendations on managing COVID-19 so that healthcare staff and those planning and delivering services can find and use them more easily. The guideline also includes new recommendations on therapeutics.
This guideline updates and replaces the following NICE COVID-19 rapid guidelines on:
- critical care in adults (NG159
- managing symptoms (including at the end of life) in the community (NG163)
- managing suspected or confirmed pneumonia in adults in the community (NG165)
- acute myocardial injury (NG171)
- antibiotics for pneumonia in adults in hospital (NG173)
- acute kidney injury in hospital (NG175)
- reducing the risk of venous thromboembolism in over 16s with COVID-19 (NG186).
This Guidelines summary only includes recommendations relevant to primary care settings, and therefore does not include recommendations on in-hospital assessment and management of COVID-19, or palliative care. For recommendations in these areas, refer to the full guideline.