This video has been commissioned and funded by Bayer plc and developed in partnership with Guidelines. Please see the bottom of the page for the full disclaimer.
Dr Matthew Fay, chair of the Consensus guideline on the holistic management of patients requiring anticoagulation,1 answers key questions about anticoagulant prescribing in general practice.
This 4-minute video covers:
- how the COVID-19 pandemic affects the management of patients requiring anticoagulation
- what assessments should be carried out in primary care, and when
- advice about the dosing of direct oral anticoagulants
- where to go for further information.
View the Consensus guideline on the holistic management of patients requiring anticoagulation here
Developed with the support of an educational grant from Bayer plc.
- Fay M, Antoniou S, Martins J et al. Consensus guideline on the holistic management of patients requiring anticoagulation. Available at: www.guidelines.co.uk/455348.article
The development of this Guidelines video has been commissioned by Bayer plc. Bayer plc suggested the topic for the video, worked with MGP to choose and commission the speakers, and approved all materials related to the video. The views and opinions expressed in the video are not necessarily those of Bayer plc or of Guidelines, its publishers, advisers, or advertisers.
The consensus guideline on the holistic management of patients requiring anticoagulation was developed by MGP, and the working party group chair and members were chosen and convened by them. The content of the working party guideline is independent of and not influenced by Bayer plc who checked the final documents for technical accuracy only.
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk or search for MHRA Yellow Card in Google Play or Apple App Store. Adverse events should also be reported to Bayer plc. Tel.: 0118 206 3500, Fax.: 0118 206 3703, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of preparation: January 2021