The development of these Guidelines videos has been supported by an educational grant from Allergan plc. Allergan plc had no influence on the content of these Guidelines videos and checked them for technical accuracy only. See bottom of page for full disclaimer.
In this Guidelines video, Fiona Chiu (Associate Chief Pharmacist, Strategy, Procurement and Satellite Services, Pharmacy Department, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust) discusses:
- the typical appearance and symptoms of stye
- treatment of stye with epilation and antibiotic eye ointment
- non-pharmacological interventions such as use of a warm compress
- how to proceed if cellulitis is evident in the eyelid.
Next video available 11 July—Management of common eye conditions: corneal and subtarsal foreign bodies
View other Guidelines videos in this series:
- Management of common eye conditions: introduction
- Glaucoma and the #knowyourdrops campaign
- The symptoms, causes, and treatment of episcleritis
- Subconjunctival haemorrhage
- The causes and treatment of corneal abrasion
- The symptoms and management of chalazion (meibomian cyst)
The development of this Guidelines video has been supported by an educational grant from Allergan plc. Allergan plc had no influence over the content of the video, and checked the final files for technical accuracy only. At all times, editorial control has remained with the presenter and MGP. Stock images were obtained from Science Photo Library.