The development of these Guidelines videos has been supported by an educational grant from Allergan plc. Allergan plc had no influence on the content of these Guidelines videos and checked them for technical accuracy only. See bottom of page for full disclaimer.
Sarah Thomas (Lead Pharmacist for Satellite Services and Contracts, Pharmacy Department, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust) discusses:
- the recommendations of NG81 on testing, referral, diagnosis, treatment, and reassessment 1
- reasons for and consequences of non-adherence to eye drop use
- advice on how to support patients to administer their eye drops correctly
- the wrist and knuckle technique for eye drop administration
- pharmacological treatment of glaucoma.
Next video available 25 March—Management of common eye conditions: stye
- Guidelines summary of Glaucoma: diagnosis and management
- NG81 Glaucoma: diagnosis and management
- Guidelines summary of Medicines optimisation: the safe and effective use of medicines to enable the best possible outcomes
- NG5 Medicines optimisation: the safe and effective use of medicines to enable the best possible outcomes
1. NICE. Glaucoma: diagnosis and management. NICE Guideline 81. NICE, 2017. Available at: www.nice.org.uk/ng81
The development of this Guidelines video has been supported by an educational grant from Allergan plc. Allergan plc had no influence over the content of the video, and checked the final files for technical accuracy only. At all times, editorial control has remained with the presenter and MGP. Stock images were obtained from Science Photo Library.