The development of these Guidelines videos has been supported by an educational grant from Allergan plc. Allergan plc had no influence on the content of these Guidelines videos and checked them for technical accuracy only. See bottom of page for full disclaimer.
In this Guidelines video, Sarah Thomas (Lead Pharmacist for Satellite Services and Contracts, Pharmacy Department, Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust) discusses:
- common causes of episcleritis
- signs and symptoms of the condition
- treatment options for isolated and recurrent episcleritis
- symptomatic relief with over-the-counter ocular lubricants.
Next video available 6 May—Management of common eye conditions: subconjunctival haemorrhage
View other Guidelines videos in this series:
- Management of common eye conditions: introduction
- Glaucoma and the #knowyourdrops campaign
- The diagnosis and treatment of stye
The development of this Guidelines video has been supported by an educational grant from Allergan plc. Allergan plc had no influence over the content of the video, and checked the final files for technical accuracy only. At all times, editorial control has remained with the presenter and MGP. Stock images were obtained from Science Photo Library.