The King’s Fund has published Leading across the health and care system—lessons from experience.
As the NHS seeks to change and develop new models of care, organisations are leading the implementation of new systems of care face many challenges. This paper offers guidance on how to address these challenges, drawing on The King’s Fund’s work on new care models, sustainability and transformation plans, and accountable care organisations, as well as input from experienced leaders and researchers.
As part of this guidance, the document focuses on five key factors that facilitate system leadership:
- develop a shared purpose and vision
- have frequent personal contact
- surface and resolve conflicts
- behave altruistically toward each other
- commit to working together for the longer term.
For more details on The King’s Fund leadership development programmes, visit The King’s Fund website.