Novo Nordisk sponsored this session and had no influence over the content. Novo Nordisk has reviewed the presentation slides for factual accuracy only. See below for full disclaimer
This session has been supported by arm’s-length sponsorship from Novo Nordisk Ltd. Novo Nordisk has had no influence over the creation, development, or content of this session, nor the selection of the speaker for the session and has reviewed the presentation for technical accuracy only. Full control remains the responsibility of MGP Limited.
This session will review and share key recommendations of the management algorithm Managing obesity in primary care.
Key learning points
In this Guidelines Live session, Dr Helen Parretti looks at managing obesity in primary care:
- 5As structure for obesity management
- causal factors for obesity are complex and individual
- importance of language used and awareness of obesity stigma
- discussing genetics and physiology of obesity with patients
- shared decision-making to identify the best management options for the patient
- importance of following up patients after referral.
Dr Helen Parretti’s presentation
- PDF, Size 7.37 mb
- PDF, Size 64.97 kb
Clinical focus: health promotion
- Currently reading
Dr Helen Parretti presentation—management of obesity in primary care