Guidelines provides concise clinical guideline summaries of major primary and shared care guidelines for the UK. Additionally, European guidelines from some of the major independent professional bodies are also summarised and included.
Summaries of guidelines from NICE, SIGN, independent professional bodies, and expert-led working party groups are developed for use in clinical practice with appropriate permissions. All Guidelines summaries are reviewed and approved annually.
Summaries of NICE guidelines are developed using wording from the source document—with permission from NICE. When reading summaries of NICE guidelines refer to any relevant NICE Technology Appraisal guidance at nice.org.uk.
Registration for the website and app is free for all UK-based doctors, nurses and pharmacists. All other healthcare professionals are eligible for 3 months free access to our content. Claim your free access now.
You will gain full access to content online and on the app plus:
- access to our sister site Guidelines in Practice
- access to Guidelines Learning, where you can test your knowledge on a range of clinical topics and collect CPD credits
- information on upcoming guidance
- regular bulletins containing all the latest guidance information
- educational resources.
Download the Guidelines app for:
- regularly updated content
- quick access to summaries in just three taps
- compatible across devices
- fully searchable
- in-app notifications when new summaries are published
- bookmark feature to keep track of most used/favourite summaries
- notes feature to annotate relevant summaries.
Your email preferences
Our emails keep you up to date with the latest clinical guidelines, guideline implementation, CPD, learning, and events.
Guidelines Learning is our integrated platform where you can find all of our ‘Test and reflect’ multiple choice question (MCQ) modules, access a CPD certificate, and save your activity in your individual CPD tracker.
- Digital only: £60
- 12 months’ unlimited digital access to the full site including Guidelines Learning
- Print only: £99
- Four issues of the quarterly Guidelines handbook delivered direct to your door
- Complete print and digital: £99
- Unlimited digital access PLUS four issues of the quarterly Guidelines handbook delivered direct to your door.
Getting your guideline published
Because a number of clinical areas are not covered by current national guidance, working party guidelines are also considered for inclusion in Guidelines. Working party guidelines are required to meet the following criteria:
- drawn up by a multidisciplinary group including at least one GP
- members of the group should be drawn from several geographical locations
- content of the guideline must be independent of, and not influenced by, commercial sponsorship of the working party
- represents a clinical area rather than a drug or class of drugs.
If you have produced, or are aware of, any guidelines not currently published by Guidelines, please contact the Editor:
Sophie Hatton, Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Mansfield, Director of Publications: email@example.com
Advertising and sponsorship
Advertising with Guidelines will ensure your brand message reaches an engaged audience of GPs and healthcare professionals. The General Practitioner Media Survey October 2019 to April 2020 indicated that Guidelines delivers a total GP audience reach of 66% and that Guidelines has a quarter of a million referrals per edition. We also offer a range of commissioned educational services, including events, webinars, and eLearning modules.
Please contact our Sales Director, Matthew Eisenstadt:
If you are interested in contributing to Guidelines and sharing your healthcare experience with us, please contact Sophie Hatton, Editor of Guidelines, Guidelines for Nurses, and Guidelines for Pharmacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information request
If you would like to make a request for the personal information we currently hold about you, please email email@example.com.
If you believe we have not met the highest editorial standards, please read our complaints policy and fill out the form on the page. We take all complaints seriously. All complaints will be dealt with confidentially.