Drug allergy: diagnosis and management
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
Documenting and sharing information with other healthcare professionals
Recording drug allergy status
- Document people's drug allergy status in their medical records using one of the following:
- 'drug allergy'
- 'none known'
- 'unable to ascertain' (document it as soon as the information is available)
- If drug allergy status has been documented, record all of the following at a minimum:
- the drug name
- the signs, symptoms and severity of the reaction (see Boxes 1–3, above)
- the date when the reaction occurred